CIDRAP-ASP provides policy analysis of national and international antimicrobial resistance and stewardship issues, legislation, regulations, and guidance. Our objective is to present policy updates as part of an ongoing conversation about the scope, principles, process measures, and governance of antimicrobial stewardship, with the ultimate goal of informing implementation of evidence-based practices across the continuum of human and animal health.
In Brief: Policy News
Policy news briefs provide up-to-date information on antimicrobial stewardship legislation, regulatory proposals and mandates, guidelines, and activities across the human and animal health spectrum.
Nov 21, 2017 - The European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control released a report on the country visit to Luxembourg to discuss antimicrobial resistance issues.
Nov 20, 2017 - On the Lancet Global Health blog, Liang Qu of Monash University assesses the potential of rapid point-of-care diagnostic tests in development to respond to antimicrobial resistance.
In Depth: Policy Updates
Quarterly updates synthesize information on recent antimicrobial stewardship initiatives in particular contexts, such as outpatient prescribing, rapid diagnostic development and use, and One Health programs. Updates provide overarching concepts and rationale for relevant mandates and guidance with an eye toward integrating information that empowers policy implementation and advocacy.
- October 2017 - Rapid Diagnostic Testing in Antimicrobial Stewardship
- July 2017 - Data to Inform Antimicrobial Stewardship
- April 2017 - Global Action on Antimicrobial Resistance
- January 2017 - Antimicrobial Stewardship in Animal Agriculture
- October 2016 - Outpatient Antimicrobial Stewardship
- July 2016 - Antimicrobial Stewardship in Hospitals and Long-Term Care Facilities